After finishing the big chevron blanket for my sweet daughter, a friend suggested I’d make a small one that would not take so much time, a baby version.
Thinking that a baby blanket would definitely not look as nice in the bulky yarn I used for the big one, I turned to my trusted and colorful cotton supply.
Another thing I wanted to do differently this time was making all 4 sides straight and so I started looking for a pattern/tutorial on the internet. The choice to buy the talented Rachele’s chevron pattern was quickly made and thus was the beginning of this blanket.
Sometimes I do plan the colors I want to use and the order in which each row will be crocheted, but I decided against that now and just played it by ear, one row at a time.
It is something I learned when I made my multicolored striped blanket: when you use a lot of colors, it basically does not really matter what order you put them in for the overall look of the blanket – it will be pretty anyhow.
A small hurdle was the border ….. I have to admit I got a bit carried away at first …..
Although I do like the idea I originally worked out (with the light green), I frogged it all. This fun but (too) busy border did not go well with this particular blanket.
Much better, I think ….
* the blanket measures 69 x 80 cm
* 23 colors have been used for 20 stripes (plus 2 for the “fillers” and 1 for the border)
* it weighs 450 grams
* I love it …..
Sometimes less is more!