You might easily think this post is a bit too similar to this one, but I’m way too content with the newest addition to the “maRRose”-baby blanket department to not give it its own little moment of glory here on my blog ……
Still in love with the “Dijon” stitch and the first blanket I crocheted with it, I very much wanted to make a more girly version.
So, for this one – the “Gigi Blanket” – the off-white, light grey and charcoal that I also used in the “Dijon Blanket” were mixed with light and …… neon pink.
And just for fun, I crocheted some of the blocks in a stripe pattern.
Please don’t ask me why, but this blanket partucularly called for a much bolder border, which is why I added the big bobbles using the charcoal yarn – the inspiration coming from this Pinterest-image.
Overall I’m very happy with how the colors work together and “Gigi”‘s look. There’s only one thing holding me back from using the neon pink again: it’s nearly impossible to photograph…….. luckily it looks very pretty in real life…..
* size: 77 x 77 cm (30 5/16 x 30 5/16 inches)
* 6 x 6 blocks
* weight: 400 grams
* yarn: Hema & Zeeman Acrylics, hooksize 7
Since there are no baby girls that I can gift this blanket to, I’ve listed it in my Etsy shop, hoping it will make a darling little girl (and her mom) happy!