No matter how much I loved working on it, I don’t think I’ll easily start another one. You wouldn’t say, since there are “only” 3 colors used, but the color changes were countless – not to mention the ends…….. Dealing with ends normally does not bother me at all (part of the crochet deal, right?), but I don’t think I’ve ever sewn in this many!There was a slightly scary moment, when I was about to wash the crochet part: would the red start bleeding?? This had happened before with my “I love Holland”-cushion, and (while I panicked) only some quick and adequate internet searching by my husband kind of solved that. I remembered using vinegar as a good tip, and that’s what I did now as well.I added 1 cup of vinegar to a bucket of cold water, and then my crochet. I gently stirred every 10 minutes or so, and after an hour I rinsed the cushion top, and machine washed it (gentle cycle) with Eucalan: perfect!
So all in all: I’m very satisfied with how it turned out, but this cushion cover’s not very likely to have any siblings soon.
I’ve named it after the designer of the pretty cross stitch pattern following which I’ve crocheted this cushion, the lovely Hetti, who graciously shares a lot of her beautiful patterns for free.
Another project that I’ve spend quite some time on lately, is my “Rustic Lace Square”-blanket. I soooo love working on it again.
When I picked this wip up, I counted 24 finished and joined squares, 3 squares that just needed to be joined, and 11 finished hearts. In addition to these, I’ve crocheted and joined 10 squares from scratch, so after 10 days the blanket now has 48 squares: woohoo!
I’m determined to keep working on it – at least 62 more squares are needed; I’ll keep you updated in my “Follow-up Friday”-posts!
Have a great weekend!