Having played with yarn ends before (diy and links here) and finding the container that houses the snippets of my crochet filled to the brim, I played again and what delightful play it was!
This time I not only used cotton yarn ends, but had a try with some acrylic ones as well. Strangely enough these were harder to “sculpt” around the objects I used, but with a little extra effort they turned out ok too.
I made two votives (using simple glasses as their molds) and a matching small bowl (see first photo).
The photo I made of them at night – lighted – is not the best, but does show how nice they look when the little tealights inside are lit.
Another experiment came out rather lovely too: I bought an inexpensive lamp (here) and covered the lampshade with yarnends – I’m pretty chuffed with the result!
Leaving you with a couple more photos, just because …..